I am a Research Scientist at The Field Museum of Natural History (Negaunee Integrative Research Center) and Lecturer at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My interests lie in: (i) elucidating the evolutionary origins and diversification of symbiotic associations; (ii) clarifying the roles traits have played in shaping lineage diversification; (iii) understanding the roles fungi have played in the evolution of terrestrial ecosystems.
Previous Education & Training:
- Postdoc, Field Museum of Natural History, Negaunee Integrative Research Center (Insects & Botany)
- Postdoc, Stanford University, Geological Sciences
- Ph.D. University of Chicago, Committee on Evolutionary Biology
- M.S. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Botany
- B.S. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Botany & Conservation Biology
Contact: mpnelsen [@] gmail [.] com (remove brackets [ ] and spaces)